Lisa Poelle has more than twenty-five years of experience in the field of early childhood and parent education, working on both the west and east coasts. Ms. Poelle has counseled nearly 1000 families and provided training and technical assistance to more than 100 child care programs on a wide variety of topics. She conducts in-service trainings and webinars, teaches college courses on early childhood education and child care center design, serves as a private consultant to educators and parents, and is a frequent keynote/featured speaker.
Ms. Poelle collaborated with architects on the design of eight employer-sponsored, developmentally appropriate child care centers in California. In addition to writing the popular book, “The Biting Solution”, she has written numerous parenting articles and is a co-author of the book, “Growing Teachers”. In addition to early childhood education, she has also been a Work/Life professional, having worked with many large corporations and government organizations, including Time Warner, setting up family supportive programs at the workplace.
As an independent contractor, Ms. Poelle offers various services to early childhood education programs and families: keynote speaking, behavioral consultation, staff professional development, parent education, environmental planning, and assistance with NAEYC Accreditation and ECERS/ITERS. She also serves as a Devereux Early Childhood Assessment Mentor for the Center for Children’s Initiatives in NYC. Lisa Poelle is a supervisor of undergraduate student teachers at CUNY’s Center for Worker Education and she taught ECE courses through CUNY’s School of Professional Studies. She served on the governing board of the New York City Association for the Education of Young Children for three years. She received the Champions for Children Award as Member of the Year in 2014 from NYSAEYC. Her course, The Biting Solution, is regularly offered at Bank Street College for CDA Renewal credits. Ms. Poelle holds a Master’s Degree in Human Development from Pacific Oaks College in Pasadena, California. She resides in New York City with her husband, Mark. They have two grown sons.
Lisa can be reached directly at: email@example.com or 646.596.7642.
- Southeast Regional Key Infant-Toddler Mental Health Conference – Philadelphia, PA
- Delaware Valley Group of the World Association for Infant Mental Health – Philadelphia, PA
- Early Care and Learning Council – Albany, New York
- NY State Association of Independent Schools - Annual Admissions Director’s Conference
- City University of New York - Child Care Services
- Bank Street College Professional Development Department
- New York Early Childhood Professional Development Institute
- Brooklyn Early Childhood Director’s Association
- CA AEYC Annual Conference – Pasadena, CA
- NYC AEYC Annual Conference
- NYS AEYC Annual Conference
- Plymouth Church School
- Preschool of America
- Imagine Early Learning Centers
- The Family Annex
- Medical Center Nursery School
- Center for Children’s Initiatives
- YMCA of Greater New York
- All My Children